The function of the Sales & Business Development Manager is to develop the business for our clients system for microorganism identification.
The primary objectives are to establish and maintain the product as the mainstream technology of choice for microbiological identification in the United Kingdom.
Job duties will include the following tasks:
• identify opinion leaders in clinical microbiology
• identify the full base of possible target customers by direct marketing and research with the assistance of the HQ marketing team
• conduct exercises such as direct marketing, conference participation, commercial seminars etc. to propagate the awareness of the product and win subsequent sales, for example clinical microbiology, veterinary medicine, food analysis, production quality control, environmental
• research suitable conference targets and propose budgets to be agreed with the Business Development Group
• gather information on the clinical reimbursement system in UK to allow appropriate modelling of business proposals to win NHS funding
• assisting local sales representatives to complete final local contracts for product sales under locally acceptable terms and conditions.
The position reports to the Regional manager, Scandinavia, Baltic & UK.
The optimal locations are in London, Glasgow or Manchester.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
• tenacity and self-motivation inspired by success, enthusiasm, drive and initiative directed towards sales growth
• ability to operate alone and to meet ambitious but achievable targets, particularly with regard to sales success
• self-discipline and the ability to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment
• an outgoing and likeable personality with a high degree of personal integrity
• the personality of a natural team player, willing and able to build confidence and to establish co-operative relationships with personnel throughout the Company
• a very high standard of personal presentation.
• graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject
• expert knowledge of analytical spectroscopy
• clear understanding of the UK academic and industrial markets, together with a proven track record of working with technology-based products in those markets
• good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
• current valid driving license with a maximum of six penalty points
• no disqualification from travel to any country.
Skills and Experience
• proven track record in interaction with customers involving capital sales and applications support within the life sciences and analytical instrument markets
• commercial acumen and the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise
• computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
• excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
•Irregular hours and extensive travel are an essential part of the job.
If you are interested in the position please contact Birgitte Dyreborg at firstname.lastname@example.org