The function of Sales Specialist is to develop the Company’s business in Tools for Life Sciences based on Mass Spectrometry.
The primary objectives are:
- To promote and sell our cutting-edge equipment to life sciences, chemical and environmental groups in industry and academia by predominantly through personal contact
- To promote the image of the Company and its products and representing the Company at conferences, exhibitions and other promotional opportunities
Job duties will include the following tasks specific to the objectives:
- finding new customers in industry and academia using a variety of tools ranging from personal networking to internet searches
- qualifying potential sales leads by discussion with customers and understanding their needs
- arranging and hosting demonstrations in the UK, USA and Germany
- preparing quotations and responding to EU tendering invitations
- negotiating prices in collaboration with the parent factory and local management
- contributing to marketing activities such as advertisements and mailings
- attendance at exhibitions, seminars and conferences in the UK and abroad
- relationship management with existing customers and assistance with post-sales activities
- regular factory visits for updates on products and software.
The position reports to the Sales Manager, Mass Spectrometry
The position is based at a location conveniently suited to the sales territory, and that is satisfactory to the Company for the efficient and effective development of the territory. Irregular hours and extensive travel within the UK are an essential part of the job.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
- an outgoing and likeable personality with a high degree of personal integrity
- self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- self-discipline and the ability to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- team player
- Very high standard of personal presentation.
PhD or equivalent in Life or Analytical Science with some postgraduate experience, either in industry or during a further qualification
- high standard of oral and written English
- a current valid driving licence
- no visa or other restriction preventing travel in the USA or EU.
Skills and Experience
- an understanding of the role of different mass spectrometry techniques in the life sciences
- some analytical laboratory experience
- sales experience in selling a technical product.
- excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
If your are interested in the position please contact Birgitte Dyreborg at firstname.lastname@example.org